Remember, remember the fifth of November!
Fireworks night is always a memorable occasion but this year make sure its memorable for all the right reasons with these 11 steps to staying safe:
1. Light sparklers one at a time and always wear gloves
2. Never give sparklers to a child under 5
3. Buy fireworks marked BS 7114
4. Keep fireworks in a closed box
5. Follow instructions on each firework
6. Light them at arms length using a taper
7. Stand well back
8. Never go back to a lit firework
9. Never put fireworks in your pocket
10. Never throw fireworks
11. Keep pets indoors
12. Enjoy yourself!
2nd November 2010