Summer time is beginning to wrap-up, and it’s almost time to go back to college. Most people I talk to have around 2-3 weeks left of their summer holidays. So I wanted to put something for those who have either been working 60hrs a week and sleeping in their free time, or those who've been sleeping 60hrs a week and eating rubbish in their free time. Either way, both groups probably haven’t been taking the necessary steps to stay healthy. Below, I've listed my TOP 5 TIPS to work on over the next 2-3 weeks, so you don’t have your friends thinking “what the heck happened to them?” Use these tips to help you come back to college looking sexy.
5) Detox- For all of us who've been hydrating with Coca-Cola etc on the beach, it’s time to switch over to water. I know I always talk about killing water bottles, but that is exactly what needs to be done. Over these next 2-3 weeks, before college starts, aim for 4L a day. Water helps your metabolism run more efficiently, and drinking water helps you shed more water, giving you less of that bloated look. Also, if you don'tt already, I'd recommend taking a multivitamin and pre/probiotic with a digestion aid. The vitamins, minerals, pre/probiotics and digestion aid, also help the metabolism run more efficiently, and help your hair and skin get that sexy look. Arbonne have an excellent range of vegan approved nutritional products.
4) Exercise- Whether you have a gym membership or not, you can find some sort of exercise to do. I know that those of you who have heavy work schedules, often don’t feel like going to the gym. However, just pick 3 or 4 days a week which you can stick to for the next 2-3 weeks. Try to get some sort of rhythm before college starts. Your workouts don’t have to be 3hrs a day either. Do sprints for 2 days, and weights for 2 days. Sprints take me around 20 minutes, and the weights don’t have to take longer than 30-45 minutes.
3) Elminate the Rubbish- Yep, I am talking about the chips, crisps etc, you're currently on. You have to clean up your diet at least a little bit. Swap your cereal for oats, and add some eggs, or a shake for breakfast. Swap turkey sandwiches & Sour Cream for grilled chicken salad. Finally, chill out on the pizzas for dinner, and start eating at home. Maybe try salmon, sweet potatos, & Asparagus instead?
2) Sleep- Whether you go out all night or wake up early, it is important to catch up on sleep. Aim for 8-10hrs a night over the 2-3 weeks! Sleep is essential for brain and body function. Study after study shows how important good quality sleep is for your health. For those of you who brag about getting 3.5hrs of sleep and function “fine,” imagine how “fine” you would be if you got some serious shut eye! Use these next few weeks to get well rested, and ready for some serious studying when you get back to college. Plus, feeling refreshed after quality sleep will help you achieve more in the gym.
1) Increase Fruits/Veggies- The fruits you need to be eating are “low-sugar” fruits like berries, apples, grapfruit, and pears. If you want to do higher GI fruits like bananas, grapes, pineapple, or watermelon, I would recommend eating these post-workout. What you really should do is increase you veggie consumption throughout the day. Especially vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage, asparagus, spinach, onions, & squash & zucchini. These provide an awesome source of B-vitamins, water, and fiber, all of which help you shed water with relatively few calories per serving. So, literally try to eat as much green produce as possible over these next few weeks.
Use these tips in your last few weeks of summer, so all of your friends won’t ask "who ate all the pies" over summer. These will help you get back into shape, and get a rhythm going into the college year. Best of luck... :-)
In need of some TLC for your body ? take a look at Arbonne's environment friendly range of healthcare and beauty products.
In ned of a Gym or fitness programme ... visit the best on Guildford, all recommended by you!