14 ways to keep motivated
Whether you are running your own business, working as an employee, dealing with the snow or whatever frustrations come your way I thought these simple 14 ways to keep motivated were worth reading.
They come from Omar Periu, one of the world’s best known motivational speakers and I think it is always useful to refer to simple motivational strategies.
As I grow my business I know I need to always to motivate my team in the best way possible and surround myself with other motivational business owners. I particularly like point 4 about seeking out people with similar positive motivations to myself and point 5 about having flexible goals. Enjoy the read…
1. Condition your mind. Try and train yourself to think positive thoughts and avoid negative ones.
2. Condition your body. It takes physical energy to take action so make sure you spend time getting your food and exercise budget in place and follow it like a business plan. I have joined a boot camp and feel so much better about myself as a result.
3. Avoid negative people. Negative people can so easily drain your energy and waste your time so limit your contact with them.
4. Seek out the similarly motivated. People with similar motivation work wonders for our own motivation.
5. Have goals–but remain flexible. Plans and goals are important but they must be able to be moved or altered.
6. Act with a higher purpose. When you do any activity or perform any action that doesn’t help towards achieving your higher goal then this is wasted effort and should be avoided.
7. Take responsibility for your own results. Avoid blaming others or take responsibility for what is yours – positive or negative.
8. Stretch past your limits on a daily basis. This is essential if you and your business are to grow and blossom.
9. Don't wait for perfection; do it now! Always try and strive for excellence rather than the unachievable. And don’t put things off for the future, so them now! I have learnt this a lot in the last few months and changing my outlook is working wonders.
10. Celebrate your failures. Your most important lessons in life will come from what you don't achieve. Take time to understand where you fell short and how you can change this for a positive in the future.
11. Don’t take success too seriously. Don’t let your successes take over and allow yourself to become complacent. Be realistic.
12. Avoid weak goals. When goal setting always put them in a positive way e.g. "I will" or "I must."
13. Treat inaction as the only real failure. If you don’t take action, you will fail immediately and you won’t even be able to learn from the experience.
14. Think before you speak. Always try and think before you speak. Keeping silent rather than expressing something that doesn’t serve your purpose is the best approach.
Member since: 7th February 2012
Rebecca runs a nationwide team of 30 Virtual Assistants/Virtual PAs - Get Ahead VA. Get Ahead provide support to small businesses and entrepreneurs, helping them save time and money. Services include...