Here's some advice from the RSPCA about keeping your pets safe on bonfire night.
1. Keep your pets inside and let them have somewhere to hide. Try to make sure they can't escape if they are scared.
2. Walk your dog during daylight hours if you can.
3. If pets have hidden behind furniture, don't try to get them to come out as this may just increase stress.
4. Close the curtains while the fireworks are on - putting on the radio or TV may also help by providing background noise.
5. Don't make a fuss of your pet when there are fireworks as this will reinforce their behaviour.
6. Outdoor pets should not be forgotten - give them some extra bedding and using a blanket may help to soundproof a hutch.
7. Your vet may be able to provide a hormone spray to calm pets.
8. And if you're having a bonfire, don't forget to check for hedgehogs before you light the fire.
Member since: 27th June 2014
I have over 20 year’s marketing experience working for companies including Hewlett Packard, Royal Mail, Hitachi and AQA. I live in Fleet and am the owner of thebestof Fleet helping small and medium companies...