Mother’s Day is but once a year and is an opportunity for us all to say thank you to the one woman that has always been there for us; through the good, the bad and the ugly. With that in mind, here is a directory of the best local businesses where you can find everything to make this occasion extra special. With only five weeks until the big day, now is the time to start planning.
Food and Drink
How often has your mum cooked you dinner, prepared your packed lunch or made you a cup of tea? Countless times. Mother’s Day should not be spent slaving away in the kitchen, instead, treat your mum to dinner in a nice restaurant. There are a lot of high quality restaurants in Dundee and Angus to choose from including;
1. Castlehill in Dundee. All dishes on the menu have been created by Young Scottish Chef of the Year, Adam Newth, to represent contemporary Scottish cuisine at its most luxurious. The décor is chic, the atmosphere is inviting and the food is like no other. Your mum will thank you for treating her to this fine dining experience.
2. Amore Mio in Monifieth. This family run restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisine. Choose from a range of delicious pasta, pizza, seafood and meat dishes.
3. Meat House Bar & Grill in Dundee. They do a fantastic Sunday roast which would conveniently tie in with Mother’s Day. All beef dishes on the grill menu are made from the finest Scottish grass fed Limousin beef and are cooked on a Josper Grill, currently the hottest BBQ in the world.
No Mother’s Day is complete without a well thought out gift. Please find below, a selection of fantastic local businesses which are offering some great gift ideas for Mother’s Day;
1. Clearwater Hydrotherapy in Dundee. Treat your mum to an afternoon spent at the Clearwater Relaxation Centre; let her experience the benefits of their Dreamwater Jet massage or Floatation Room. Gift vouchers can be purchased online.
2. Julie Christie Photography in Carnoustie. Julie is a luxury lifestyle photographer specialising in both family and boudoir photography. Photographs are captured using natural light and make an ideal gift which your mum will cherish for years to come.
3. Radiant Looks in Letham. The team at Radiant Looks offer clients a variety of indulgent beauty treatments. Your mum will love the OPI manicure.
4. Yu Spa at the Apex City Quay Hotel in Dundee. The ultimate treat for any hard working mum; a spa package. Choose from a range of massages, beauty treatments and facials. The spa features Japanese inspired hot tubs, an Ozone Pool, sauna and herbal infused steam room.
5. Revive Hair Clinic in Dundee. The clinic supplies a lash enhancing mascara (with lash powder) and eyeliner by Nutraluxe. Two welcoming additions to any woman's beauty regime.
6. The Re-Nu Skin Clinic in Dundee. This leading non-surgical cosmetics clinic offers a range of treatments including; laser hair removal, dermal fillers, lash growth treatments and skin peels. To find out more, please contact Kristeen Geddes on 01382 813080.
Whether it be Mother’s Day or any other Sunday, it is important to make time for our mums. Each day, mothers around the world play the role of; parent, best friend, mentor, life coach, business woman, wonder woman, house cleaner, chef and darling wife. Forget gifts, this role deserves a medal. To mums everywhere, thank you. Your efforts never have and never will go unappreciated.
Member since: 18th November 2013
Natalie joined The Best Of team in November 2013 as their new marketing assistant. Natalie has an undergraduate degree in law and a postgraduate degree in management. In her spare time she enjoys horse...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.