Are you planning to host a ‘frighteningly good’ Halloween party tonight?
We thought we’d share 5 amazing Halloween party ideas with you, to ensure the night is spookily entertaining for your guests.
Pass the Pumpkin
An eery version of ‘pass the parcel’. Hollow out a pumpkin, fill it with sweets and treats and then prepare some Halloween themed music. Have your guests sit in a large circle on the floor, then, when the music starts, ask them to start passing the pumpkin, when the music stops, the individual in possession of the pumpkin can select a goody from inside! A guaranteed laugh for children and adults alike!
Create toffee apples as a sweet treat for your guests. You’ll need a bag of apples, 400 grams of golden caster sugar, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 4 tablespoons of golden syrup.
- Place the apples in a large bowl and fill the bowl with boiling water – this helps to remove the apples waxy coating, allowing the toffee to stick
- Dry the apples and remove the stalks
- Push a wooden skewer through each of the apples
- Place the apples on a sheet of baking paper
- Tip the sugar into a pan with 100ml water, set on a medium heat
- Then stir in the vinegar and syrup
- Boil the syrup to 140 degrees
- Quickly dip and twist each apple into the hot mixture, being careful not to burn yourself, then place back on the baking paper to harden
- Leave apples to cool
Fancy Dress and Pumpkin Carving Competitions
Guaranteed to get your guests into in the party spirit, there’s nothing quite like a bit of friendly competition to get the creative juices flowing!
Find a large bucket, cooler or basin and will it ¾ full with cold water, then add the apples. Each player must then try to grab an apple with their teeth – give each payer 10 seconds to try! Have towels at the ready, it can get splashy!
A quick and easy decoration to make, floating ghosts transform your house into one that is haunted! Inflate a balloon and lightly glue some crepe paper over the top, making sure the paper drapes down the sides covering the balloon. Then suspend the balloon from the ceiling with invisible string! Woooooo.
Whether you are partying this Halloween or are staying home to watch your favourite horror movie, we hope you enjoy fright night and celebrate in spooky style!
Natalie joined The Best Of team in November 2013 as their new marketing assistant. Natalie has an undergraduate degree in law and a postgraduate degree in management. In her spare time she enjoys horse...