It’s not what you know! It’s not who you know!
It’s who knows YOU!
Low Cost – No Cost Marketing
For Switched On Businesses
Effective Marketing = Buy-ology
The Worst Number in Marketing is?
And the Answer is…. ONE!
As the old saying goes “Don’t put all your eggs in ONE basket” well the saying applies equally as well to Marketing and Advertising.
The simply fact is, if you are only using one or two Primary ways of Marketing your Business, which unbelievably, is about 90% of Business Owners – You are Seriously Missing Out!
The same applies to Advertising Campaigns, you simply can’t run an Advert Once or Twice! The clue is in the name - Advertising Campaigns!
You constantly need to be reaching your Target Market and keeping in front of your Potential Customers Minds!
So, How Many Times Should You Advertise?
Here is an interesting old Marketing Article from 1885 (yes, over 100 years old, honestly!) in which London businessman Thomas Smith offered the following advice to advertisers. It is still as useful and relevant today:
• The 1st time - People look at any ad they don’t even see it.
• The 2nd They don’t notice it.
• The 3rd They are aware that it is there.
• The 4th They have a fleeting sense that they’ve seen it somewhere before.
• The 5th They actually read the ad.
• The 6th They thumb their nose at it.
• The 7th They start to get a bit irritated by it.
• The 8th They start to think “Here’s that confounded ad again”.
• The 9th They start to wonder if they may be missing out on something.
• The 10th They ask their friends and neighbours if they’ve tried it.
• The 11th They wonder how the company is paying for all these ads.
• The 12th They start to think that it must be a good product.
• The 13th They start to feel the product has value.
• The 14th They start to remember wanting a product exactly like this for a long time.
• The 15th They start to yearn for it because they can’t afford to buy it.
• The 16th They accept the fact that they will buy it something in the future.
• The 17th They make a note to buy the product.
• The 18th They curse their poverty for not allowing them to buy this terrific product.
• The 19th They count their money very carefully.
• The 20th Prospects see the advert, and buy what is offered.
“The Drops of Rain Make a Hole in the Stone, Not by Violence, But by Oft Falling”
c 50 BC
Got a question on Low Cost – No Cost Marketing? Got any great ideas on Low Cost – No Cost Marketing?
Leave a comment below or Email:
"Marketing doesn’t have to be Expensive!"
Word of Mouth just got Louder!
Member since: 11th February 2010
Paul Jones "The Coventry Kid who Did" For Internet Marketing in Coventry, Business Positioning, Permission Marketing, A.C.C. Marketing, Networking, Word of Mouth Business and Blogs about Coventry!!