Now in their ninth year, the CATS awards provided a perfect opportunity to showcase the top performers across Chester-Cheshire’s travel, tourism, leisure, retail, education, training and hospitality sectors, and its attractions, events, food and drink and accommodation providers.
Visit Chester & Cheshire’s Emma Clarke congratulated the winners. “The commitment, skill and style they have shown exemplify the standards that need to prevail across the visitor economy if we are to reach our goal of encouraging more people to visit more often, stay longer and spend more. These are the approaches that will set us apart from our competitors.”
The winners are:
• Exceptional Contribution to the Visitor Economy: Stephen Wundke, Restaurant Association of Chester and Cheshire
• Cocktail Bartended of the Year: Farzad Dashti, Bar Lounge, Chester
• Cheshire’s Most up and Coming Chef: Jamie Bridgett, Carden Park Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa
• Commitment to Industry: Pat Bowring, Duttons Wine Bar, Chester.
• Individual excellence in Customer Service: James Fosbrook, The Alvanley Arms, near Chester
• Highly Skilled Front of House: Sue Bouch, The Alvanley Arms, near Chester.
• Most Promising Trainee in the Visitor Economy: Nick Rushforth, West Cheshire College.
• Unsung Hero: Tracey Capper, The Rams Head Inn, Grapenhall.
• Most Outstanding Manager: Peter Gregory, Chester Crowne Plaza, Chester
• Most Valuable Volunteer: Miranda Shufflebotham, Nantwich Food and Drink Festival
Top right: The winners
Below: The Exceptional Contribution to the Visitor Economy award was presented to Restaurant Association of Chester & Cheshire’s Stephen Wundke (centre) by Ruth Badger and Chair of Visit Chester & Cheshire, Edward Pysden.
Member since: 24th January 2011
Steve is Commercial Director of thebestofchester.
If you have any news and are an existing member of thebestofchester, please email your information and any images to email@example.com...