* Over time, hard water damages pipework, water heaters, white goods (such as dishwashers and washing machines) and showers. Installing a water softener extends their life and means they are less likely to break down and cause problems.
* Softened water improves the efficiency of hot water and heating systems - just 1.6mm of scale build-up in heating systems will cause a 12% loss in heating efficiency
* If you have a water softener, you can use less washing powder, shampoo and soap and you will need fewer cleaning products.
* It also saves you cleaning time – as there is less limescale and scum to clean. Toilet bowls require less scrubbing (always a good thing!)
* Softened water is better for dry skin and can help alleviate the itching of dry skin conditions such as eczema. It also makes hair soft and easy to manage
* Softened water makes laundry brighter and glasses sparkle more – they are less likely to go cloudy.
The cost of a water softener depends on the size and type you need/choose – but industry experts estimate that it pays for itself within 4 years.
Then contact Paul Riley of Total Soft Water in Harpenden for independent, expert advice. The Total Soft Water shop in Westfield Road has many water softeners on display so you can see them and learn how they work.
Member since: 26th September 2014
As the owner of thebestof Welwyn and Hatfield my mission is to help local independently owned businesses to grow and community groups, charities, local sports clubs, societies to thrive. If you know a...