Garden Borders in Welwyn and Hatfield
If you have a garden border that you want to fill with plants and flowers but are unsure where to start, then take a look at the 9 different garden border styles offered by Garden on a Roll, based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Garden on a Roll offers fool-proof, simple solutions to smartening up your garden borders. It’s as easy as planting-by-numbers and the results are fantastic!
With Garden on a Roll, you can create a beautiful garden border in 7 easy steps:
1. Choose one of the 9 border styles from the website that suits you best such as: The Celebration Border (any colour theme you wish) ideal as a moving-in or wedding gift, The Mixed Sunny or Mixed Shady Border, Evergreen, Edible/Sensory, Mediterranean or Wildlife Border. The garden design and plants (all 1 litre plants) are just what you see in the pictures.
2. Measure the length and width of the area you wish to fill. (Rolls come in 4 widths, 40cm, 60cm, 90cm and 120cm and from 3m -10m long)
3. Order the garden border style and size you want from www.gardenonaroll.co.uk
4. Prepare the soil while you wait the 7 to 10 days for delivery (you can specify longer if you wish – useful if it’s for a gift.)
5. Your border will be delivered in a box containing everything you need (except compost). The box contains a biodegradable planting template that acts as an initial weed suppressant whilst the plants get established, trowel and fork, instructions, fertilizer and all the ‘Lettered’ plants.
6. Plant your new border plants through paper (matching the letter on the plant to the letter on the roll) and cover with compost.
7. Then water as necessary and sit back and watch your beautiful garden border develop.
Try one of the designs and you’ll be back for more. And what a great idea for a gift – the Celebrations White border would make a great wedding or anniversary present, and any of the garden border styles would make an excellent house-warming present. And of course at this time of year, what a great Christmas gift!
Garden on a Roll was invented by Antony Henn and his team of horticulturists back in 2009. Gardens and plants have always been Antony’s passion – it was his father who founded The Dutch Nursery and Garden Centre in Hatfield, one of the first garden centres in the UK, in 1963. As a garden designer, Antony has designed many beautiful gardens, including a water garden for Sir Paul McCartney, and has worked on numerous TV gardening shows – appearing with Alan Titchmarsh and Geoff Hamilton on Gardeners’ World.
This is an amazing product. We got one for my step-daughter as she has been doing up her garden and wasn't sure what to do so she has the gift box. I love the fact the flowers can be chosen based on your...