Give something extra special this Christmas
23rd December 2012
... Comments

Christmas is a time for giving, as cards and gifts are passed between loved ones. But rather than focusing all of your attention on cards, envelopes and wrapping paper, why not give a gift that could really make a difference?

Giving blood can save lives yet only 4% of the population regularly donates, leaving the remaining 96% entirely reliant on their generosity.

Blood donors save thousands of lives a week as the UK gets through 2.1 million pints in hospitals up and down the country every year. Each donation has the potential to save three adults or seven babies!

These stocks are kept at levels roughly capable to last up to 10 days, but there are times - especially over Christmas when fewer people are able to donate - that these can drop.

Donating blood is easy and (almost totally) painless, has no lasting after effects and your body will replace the lost blood within a few hours. It can be done at convenient local locations to make it as easy as possible for you to give.

So why not end the year on a generous note and give a great gift that costs you nothing. There is a collection at Halsey Masonic Hall, Rickmansworth Road, Watford on December 30th with session both in the morning (9.15am -12.30pm) and the afternoon (2.00pm - 4.00pm).

Do something amazing this Christmas - give blood.

Popular Categories