Roofline? Fascia and Soffits? Bargeboards? Confused? Let SD Luke explain.
17th February 2014
... Comments

Your fascia is positioned at the point where the roof meets the outside walls of your property - often called the ROOFLINE.

Some people also refer to it by the name of the main board that carries the gutter – the fascia or fascia board.

Fascia Board

The long straight board that runs along the lower edge of your roof – it is fixed directly to the roof trusses and supports the bottom row of tiles and all the guttering. That makes it really important – in heavy rain, the roof of a standard semi could be moving several gallons of water per second into its gutters.


Used on the gable end of a house it is the part that most spoils the look of your property when it deteriorates.

Soffit Board

Tucked away under the fascia board, this is the part of the roofline that you see most of from ground level. Ventilation of the soffit board is crucial to allow the flow of air into the roof area and prevent condensation from forming in the roof void.


The finishing touch – sometimes a work of art. It brings together the many different angles, planes and heights of the fascia, soffit and bargeboard at each corner of the house where there is a gable end. 

Now you know what it is and what is does - if your Roofline is in a sorry state - call us for a no-obligation quotation - for details just Click Here

About the Author

Mark Luckman

Member since: 10th July 2012

I champion the best businesses in Telford and Wrekin, businesses recommended by you. If you run a local business or know a really great local business that you think deserves to be known by more local...

Popular Categories