Electrical safety in your kitchen and home
26th July 2017
... Comments

House fires often occur because people misuse electrical appliances. Wiring Works in Telford offer their expert advice on how to keep your house safe:

  • Make sure that your sockets or switches are fitted at a safe distance (at least 30cm horizontally) from the sink to avoid water meeting electric.
  • When you switch on your dishwasher, microwave, toaster or washing machine, don’t leave them unattended.
  • Never wrap electrical cables around equipment when they are still warm.
  • Make sure your kettle and toaster is in good condition.
  • If an electrical appliance needs repair, never do it whilst it’s plugged in.
  • If you get toast stuck in your toaster, switch off the appliance before trying to get it out.  Never use a metal knife to remove the bread.
  • Always ensure your oven and grill is clean – fat and grease build up can be a major cause of fire.
  • Don’t overload your plug sockets as this can lead to overheating.
  • Don’t store objects on top of your microwave.
  • Defrost your fridge and freezer to ensure your appliances always work properly.
  • Ensure your smoke detectors work properly.

If you are looking for an electrician in Telford or Wrekin to carry out domestic or commercial electrical work, talk to Wiring Works todayon 01952 427859.

About the Author

Mark Luckman

Member since: 10th July 2012

I champion the best businesses in Telford and Wrekin, businesses recommended by you. If you run a local business or know a really great local business that you think deserves to be known by more local...

Popular Categories