You will be pleased to know that we have now been accredited with the ISO9001 Certification for quality management of businesses
What is ISO 9001?
ISO9001 details the steps necessary to adopt a Quality Management System (QMS) in line with the International Standards Organisation (ISO), local statutory and regulatory requirements. ISO9001 is designed to help organisations ensure they meet the needs and expectations of both customers and other interested parties.
What are the ISO 9001 requirements?
ISO9001 deals with the fundamentals of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on eight management principles covering:
1. Customer Focus
2. System Approach to Management
4. Continual Improvement
5. Involvement of People
6. Process Approach
7. Factual Approach to Decision Making
8. Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationships.
What is ISO 9001 certification?
Third party certification bodies offer independent confirmation that an organisation meets the requirements of the Standard. This is achieved through an auditing process that involves gathering evidence of conformance to the requirements of each clause of the standard.
How could you get your ISO 9001 certificate?
To achieve ISO9001 certification an organisation must:
1. “Say What It Does” – document day to day operating Procedures and Systems.
2. “Do What It Says” – work in accordance with those Procedures and Systems.
3. “Prove It” – with a Certification Audit which confirms, from records, that the Procedures and Systems meet the requirements of the Standard and are operated in accordance with the Standard.