CARING FOR YOUR MATTRESS
As a Mattress can be one of the big purchases for your household, it is important that we know how to look after it and thus make it last as long as possible.
So we have prepared this little guide to help you look after it.
1. Use a mattress protector. A good mattress protector keeps your mattress clean for a longer period of time. For those of who have watched Kim & Aggie on “How clean is your house” you know how important these are!
2. Rotate and turn your mattress regularly, we would advise that for the first 6 months that you do this every 2-3 weeks. Thereafter once a month should be sufficient.
3. Remove dust. Dust and dead skin cells build up on the surface of your mattress. You can clean it by vacuuming the mattress on a regular basis. You should not have to do this if you have chosen to use a good quality mattress protector.
4. Do not use chemicals to clean the mattress as they might damage the materials used to manufacture it. Use a solution of mild soap and cold water to wipe off any soiling. Do no wet the mattress completely. Allow the mattress to dry completely before using it again.
5. Allow your mattress to breathe. From time to time, take the bedding off and leave the mattress uncovered for a whole day to permit the odours trapped inside to escape.
6. Do not bend mattresses.
7. Do not allow anybody to jump on your mattress. Mattresses are made to cope with the stresses of you sleeping on it, not to be jumped on.
8. Never smoke, eat or drink on the mattress.
We hope this is of some help to you and hopefully this guide should help you save money over the years to come.
Becky & Adrian