The Met office has issued a yellow weather warning for what may be the the worst storms to hit Swansea for 20 years.
There may be very strong winds with some predictions that they may gust to 90 miles per hour. That is certainly strond enough to cause damage.
Also there is the considerable risk of flooding.
Its important that everyone takes precautions and these could be
1) Don't venture out in severe weather unless it's absolutely necessary
2) Keep an eye on rising water levels and protect your property.
3) Make sure that elderly neighbours are allright.This may include seeing that the power supply is on and that they have basic provisions.
4) Don't go down to watch the sea - its dangerous!
5) Make sure your pets are safe and are not left out in severe weather.
This is all common sense. If we all take as many precautions as possible we will get through this unscathed.
For information on Flood Warnings call the Floodline 0845 9881188.
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.