Southend Adult Community College invites you to “Get Online for the Very First Time”…
Southend Adult Community College is concerned that many of you are missing out on the benefits of using a computer or the internet. There are ten million adults in the UK who don’t use the internet, and with services going online and most new jobs now requiring IT skills, you could be missing out on all sorts of benefits, opportunities and savings. Being online can make a huge difference to your life.
Southend Adult Community College (SACC) is providing two FREE computer and internet training sessions to get you started. The sessions avoid jargon and explain things clearly in plain English, and offer easy-to-follow training with the aim that as many of you as possible ultimately enjoy the advantages of computers and the internet. Everyone can learn, no matter what your background, age or experience.
Six reasons to get online:
1. Save money - An estimated £560 can be pocketed over a year by paying bills and shopping online.
2. Save time - Many tasks are quicker and easier online – getting a tax disc, online banking, paying bills, and getting the groceries!
3. Stay in touch – The internet provides free and easy ways to keep in touch with friends and family… no matter how far away they are.
4. Find jobs – 90% of all new jobs now require IT skills, and many are now advertised and applied for online. If you have computer skills you’re more likely to find a job… and you could earn 3%-10% more too!
5. Stay up-to-date - The internet can be an instant source of news and information. You’ll find the latest TV listings, weather reports, and sports results from anywhere in the world.
6. Enjoy hobbies and interests – Whatever you’re interested in, there’s a website out there for you.
Elaine Holland, ICT Curriculum Manager said, “Our short courses are the perfect opportunity to learn how to use a computer. SACC are really committed to making our IT courses available to everyone, no matter what level of ability they may have or their age. Doing a free introductory course is a great way to open the doors for you to enrol on an IT course starting this autumn”.
So if you or someone you know could benefit from being online, why not come along?
The sessions will take place on Friday 9th September 10:00–12:00 (course code BS501Y11) and Wednesday 14th September 10:00–12:00 (course code BS301Y11) at SACC’s Southchurch site in Ambleside Drive Southend.You can book your place on any of our hundreds of courses by calling 01702 445700 or registering online at www.southend-adult.ac.uk. With low prices, concessions for the over 61s and those in receipt of an income-based state benefit; SACC really does have something for everyone. Further free sessions may run in the future depending on the level of demand.
Member since: 10th July 2012
I am the very proud owner of thebestofsouthend. My aim is to really shout about why Southend is so great & champion our local business owners who do a really great job!
We encourage local people...