How and Why to build a Blog strategy into your Micro Business Marketing Strategy in Pontypridd and Rhondda.
I quite often find that when I am out and about RCT discussing the 17 marketing tools that we offer at thebestof - that the businesses we meet like what we do, want to be part of it but do not necessarily want to get involved or do the elements that work.
In this Blog i am ironically focusing on Blogging - Why? well here's a list of the benefits:
• Increased page rank on search engines (increasing your impressions for free)
• Increased Page views (eye fall is the web version of the high streets footfall)
• Content marketing Strategy (you are delivering new content which search engines and interactive consumers enjoy - see it as a soft sell and brand reinforcement)
• Social Media Updating - (another common question answered - what do i put on twitter, Facebook and linked in? - Blogging fills this void too)
• = MORE VIEWS = MORE BUSINESS
As long as you have a saleable product and you have your image and brand portrayed effectively on the web there is no reason why you wouldn’t receive business from an effective Micro Business Blogging Strategy - Yes, I can here you say how do I do this and what do I say:
What to say:
• Brain storm your business - put branches out to every single element of your service include:
• Good customer stories where you have helped them
• New faces - changes - new services
• Community involvement
• Customer testimonials
• remember to use pictures and links to other websites and you tube where relevant.
• Aim for around 300 words (short, sharp n punchy)
• Use relevant keywords (Your title should have the location of your targeted customers and keywords for the products and services your are blogging)
• Use and repeat these keywords in the natural flow of the article - around 3 to 5 times.
• Use hyperlinks to your website - you tube - other fact full relevant sites
• Aim to add value and have fun.
Points to note:
• An effective micro blogging marketing strategy should involve regular blogging - around one per week minimum for a micro business - more if possible.
• Remember the more you blog the more opportunities you business has to be found online.
See this vid for pointers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN2I1pWXjXI
But does it really work?
We work with many businesses and the businesses that are involved in blogging with us have on average 3 times more viewings than there actual features or directory listings - our google analytics give this information every month!
One business has 4 blogs a filled testimonial page and a completed offers page along with their online directory listing. The listing gets around 60 views pcm on average and the combination of blogs reviews and offers add another 300+ views pcm.
If this is not for you or you don’t have time (here's my plug) we can help - well actually here's a business I recommend that can help:
Member since: 6th November 2009
Hi, welcome to my blog site. The aim of this area is to be more informal. With offerings of leisurly blogs actively encouraged.
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.