If your female cat has not been spayed the chances are that it will come into season after about six months of age. This is known as coming on call.
The signs to look out for are:
1. A cat will make loud prolonged noises and will raise their back ends to attract a mate.
2. Cats can have mood changes, they can be more aggressive towards other animals and more friendly to their owners.
3. Cats can suffer with short bouts of morning sickness, this is normal so don’t worry.
4. A change in their nipples will be notice after 3 weeks. They will turn a pink colour and become more prominent, this is called pinking.
5. They will develop a better appetite during pregnancy.
6. Look out for the growing abdomen, the tummy will become fuller in size.
7. Towards the end of their pregnancy cats will look for a safe place (nesting area) to give birth.
8. Full term pregnancies are between 63 and 67 days gestation period.
9. Cats become more sensitive to loud noises during pregnancy.
10. Nipples may produce small drops of milk just prior to giving birth and may have a tendency to go off their food.
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.