Local councillor, Mr Laurence Goff, is urging the people of Newark to sign a petition to save Newark Hospital's A & E
The petition to sign will be on Newark Town Hall's steps in the centre of Newark on the dates below. Laurence already has almost 2,000 signatures. So if you are in Newark on these dates, act and put your name down
Monday 30 Nov 2:20-4pm
December Tuesday 1 Dec 10-1:30pm
December Wednesday 2 10-4pm
December Thursday 3 10-1:30pm
December Friday 4 from 10-4pm
Newark is a growing town and we need to safeguard our hospital as people move in to Newark over the next few years.
A consultation document, which includes plans to change Newark Hospital’s A & E to a minor injuries unit plus (MIU+) has been approved.
Starting next week people will have the opportunity to comment on the three options for A & E, which were agreed at a meeting of NHS Nottinghamshire County’s board at Newark Town Hall.
Under the first option, doctors and nurses would deal with minor injuries and illnesses 24 hours a day. There would be access to X-ray and other testing equipment. There would be an out-of-hours GP service and technology for distance consultations.
The second option is the same except the MIU+ would open from 7am to midnight, with enhanced out-of-hours GP cover.
The third option will give the public the opportunity to make alternative suggestions. Health bosses say 85% of all Newark patients will continue to be treated in Newark. The remaining 15% will be those requiring specialist care elsewhere.
NHS Nottinghamshire County says the options include additions to NHS services in Newark such as more day case operations, enhanced community services, increased ambulance cover, more clinics for planned care, and beds for people to recover after serious treatment at other major hospitals.
There will also be three open public meetings:
Cedric Ford Pavilion - Tuesday 15 December - 6.30pm-8pm.
Newark Showground, Winthorpe, Newark, Notts NG24 2NY
Aura Centre - Tuesday 26 January - 6.30pm-8pm.
Manners Road, Newark, NG24 1BS
Balderton Village Centre - Tuesday 9 Feb - 3.30pm-5pm.
Coronation Street, Balderton, Notts NG24 3BD
These proposals are part of a major review of healthcare in Newark and around Nottinghamshire.
Laurence Goff, Independent Voice for Newark - putting people first
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.