Entry is now open for the 2012 ProCon Leicestershire Awards for the best new building projects.
It’s the tenth year of the prestigious awards, sponsored by Gateley and Westleigh Developments.
Buildings completed in the 18 months until July 31 2012 can be nominated for one of five awards. They are:
· Small Scheme of the Year – for projects less than £3 million (2011 winner: Hicks Lodge, National Forest Cycle Centre, Moira)
· Large Scheme of the Year, sponsored by Marrons Solicitors – for projects over £3 million (2011 winner: The Uppingham School Sports Centre)
· Building of the Year – for the highest standards in architecture design (2011 winner: The Percy Gee Building, University of Leicester)
· Regeneration Project of the Year, sponsored by Howes Percival – for contribution to regeneration (2011 winner: Edinburgh House, Market Harborough)
· Sustainable Development of the Year, sponsored by De Montfort University – for the most sustainable and efficient project (2011 winner: Oakham Church of England Primary School)
The Leicester Mercury People’s Choice Award will this year feature designs for an artwork to commemorate Leicestershire’s 20th century philanthropists and their contribution to life in Leicester, the county and Rutland.
The entry deadline for the 2012 ProCon Awards is Wednesday August 8 2012.
Pam Allardice, chair of ProCon and a director at Howes Percival, said: “Any project located in Leicestershire and Rutland is eligible to apply. So, if you know of a new building which you think looks really good, or which has had a beneficial effect on your community, please do let us know about it as soon as possible.”
Craig Mitchell, ProCon board member and a partner at corporate sponsor Gateley, said: “It was Gateley who founded ProCon and we have been associated with the Awards ever since. Gateley has always been an award sponsor but this year, the tenth, we are delighted to step up and become a corporate sponsor. This reflects our commitment to ProCon during the past decade and we are very pleased to continue to be associated with the awards.”
Chris Beighton, managing director at corporate sponsor Westleigh Developments, said: “We are delighted to once again be supporting the ProCon Awards as a corporate sponsor. Despite being part of a challenging industry the high number and quality of applications across all categories last year proved that the property and construction scene in Leicestershire is performing well. We therefore look forward to seeing another range of outstanding projects being submitted this year.”
A full house of more than 600 is expected for the awards ceremony on Thursday November 15 at Leicester City’s King Power Stadium.
For tickets and details of how to nominate or enter, contact HeadStorm Marketing on 0870 170 9697 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member since: 10th July 2012
Shy retiring (!) red-head, working hard to showcase everything great about our town and villages. Loves her son, her man & Bruce Springsteen (but not always in that order!)