Having Relationship Problems?
14th August 2009
... Comments

Relationship problems are not what we have in mind when we enter into a relationship but things happen, lives and aspirations change!  Certainly, it makes no difference whether two people are married or not, when things do go wrong there are many things that need to be sorted out, from matters involving children to dividing up property and possessions.  For many people, the most daunting aspect is where to start.

The local firm of Solicitors Pilgrim & Webster recognise just how difficult a time this can be and offer a way to make it easier to find out exactly what your rights, responsibilities and entitlements are.

For example some married couples decide not to divorce straight away but elect to deal with financial and property matters by way of a Deed of Separation. Others decide to divorce immediately and this can be fairly straightforward. However, when there are children and financial matters involved, it can become more complex.

Pilgrim & Webster’s aim is to make the process run more smoothly and guide you with jargon-free personal advice through what may feel like the most difficult time in your life.

Even if you are not married yet but intend to live with someone then you need to think carefully about protecting your financial assets by entering into a Cohabitation Agreement.  Such an agreement sets out each party's right to property, debts, income and any other assets that either party might bring into the relationship.

A cohabitation agreement is probably not something that is at the forefront of your mind when the relationship starts.  However, as the relationship takes on a more permanent footing an agreement can be extremely valuable in the event that the relationship does sadly break down.

Naturally, the law puts children first when any relationship breaks down whether the parents are married to each other or not, because a child has the right to have a relationship with both parents.  Pilgrim & Webster can help in resolving issues about whom a child should live with and how contact might be made easier with the other parent.

If you are currently experiencing difficulties in your relationship then do not hesitate to telephone Pilgrim & Webster’s Family Law Specialist, Claire Holland on 01455 634 851 to make an appointment for your initial FREE legal consultation that will give you all the information you need to help you decide how to proceed.

Popular Categories