Gas Safe - change to regulations from April 2012
15th February 2012
... Comments

New Gas Safe Regulations 2012

From the 1st April 2012, all heating engineers fitting gas boilers and water heaters must be qualified in the use of a flue gas analyser.  The qualification required is called CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analysis 1), which means that the gas engineer has successfully undertaken training and assessment.

If a heating engineer does not have this CPA1 qualification they will not legally be able to work on central heating boilers or space heaters until they have.

Remember that if your heating engineer does not have the CPA1 qualification, from the 1st April 2012, they can't fit gas boilers or water heaters in the UK.

Is your gas engineer qualified?  You can check by:

  • asking to see their Gas Safe card, look at the list of Gas Safe qualifications held by the engineer and specifically look for CPA1
  • you can also visit the Gas Safe website to find or check that your engineer is qualified to carry out the work for you.

Report an Illegal Gas Engineer

Do you know someone working on gas that isn’t registered? If you do or, if an engineer calls that cannot or refuses to produce a Gas Safe card then CLICK here to report them now.

Peace of Mind and Safety with the Bestof

Our bestof gas engineer – Roy Lee Plumbing and Heating is fully qualified by Gas Safe and already holds the CPA1 qualification.  Roy already makes regular use of a flue gas analyser to ensure the safety, optimum efficiency and running costs of all his client’s boilers.  To find out more about Roy Lee, the range of work that he undertakes and to read what his clients have to say about him - CLICK here.

If you have a specific problem with your plumbing or domestic gas services then do call Roy Lee for technical advice and guidance at no charge – call now on 01455 268 676.

Popular Categories