Vital financial help for businesses affected by Covid-19 is now being administered by Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
“Supporting our strong, dynamic local economy is one of our highest priorities,” commented Councillor Eber Kington, Chairman of Epsom & Ewell Borough Council’s Strategy and Resources Committee.
“Our specialist team is already helping businesses impacted by this unprecedented national emergency and we are encouraging more of the eligible businesses to apply.”
Businesses in a wide range of sectors can benefit from government grants provided that their rateable value is under £51,000 a year. These sectors include:
• Hospitality and leisure (for example museums, theatres, gyms and hotels)
• Employment Agencies
• Estate Agents and Letting Agents
• Betting shops
The grant application process is now open. Full details about eligibility for the grants and how to apply are available on the Council’s website:
To qualify for a grant the property must;
• Have a rateable value under £51,000
• Qualify for Small Business Rates Relief or the Expanded Retail Discount Scheme announced on 11 March 2020
• Not be occupied for private purposes e.g. private stables
• Not be a car park or car parking space
• Not have received more than €800,000 in state aid in the last three years.
Payments will be made as swiftly as possible on receipt of an application through the website.
Once further guidance is received from the Ministry of Housing, Communities, & Local Government, the above reliefs will be awarded and revised accounts will be sent out.
Member since: 10th July 2012
We love the great local businesses and community