Council Tax is changing - Reigate & Banstead Council want your views
31st August 2012
... Comments

The Council are asking residents to have their say on proposed changes to council tax benefit which mean working age claimants are likely to have to pay more towards their council tax from April.

In April 2013, council tax benefit will be abolished as part of the government’s changes to the welfare system. All councils must set up their own local scheme for people on low incomes to replace it, called council tax support.

Funding for the new local scheme will be provided by the government, but it will only cover 90% of the current cost of council tax benefit. This means we need to decide how to find the remaining 10% - which in Reigate & Banstead is about £700,000.

Read the full article and see how you can have your say at

From Reigate & Banstead Council

Popular Categories