Thanks to Croydon Regeneration for sharing some interesting, sometimes amazing facts you might now know about London's largest Borough... Croydon.
Croydon has got the largest population in London with 339,000.
Employment in Croydon
- the average gross weekly earning in Croydon is £498
- a massive 93% of employment in Croydon is in SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises)
Green in Croydon
- The Borough has over 300 parks making one third od Croydon green space
- Croydon has seven green flag parks
- Happy Valley offers over 100-hectares of grass and woodlands
Fairfield Halls seats 1,789 and The Beatles and Elton John have graced its stage.
Education in Croydon
- 33% of people are qualified to NVQ4 (the national average is just 29%)
- 73% of pupils gained five A* - C grade GCSEs
- 25% of the population is under 18.
Retail in Croydon
- Croydon is 14th in UK Retail ranking
- Over 230,000 sq m of retail space
- Whitgift Shopping Centre has 140 stores
- There are 60+ shops in Centrale mall
South Croydon's Le Cassoulet won Time Out's Best Local Restaurant 2008
House Prices in Croydon
- Average = £227,014
- Detached = £437,066
- Semi-detached = £261,531
- Terraced = £201,106
- Flat = £165,206
Transport in Croydon
- 16 minutes by train from Victoria and Gatwick Airport
- London's only tram network transports 27 million people annually
- 42% of Croydon's workforce work within 5km of home
What's your Croydon story?
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi - me and my gang champion and promote the best businesses in the Croydon and Bromley Boroughs. If you are a local business owner, then we'd love to help you grow your profile, profits and get more business.