Bury College is a leader in the drive to build careers for our young people. It is widely accepted that apprentices are tomorrows craftsmen and women. Excellent careers await and as GB gets back to something approaching normal the need for motivated capable people who are work ready and well trained will increase rapidly.
How many apprentices could your business employ? With £3000 worth of funding it is worth making contact with the team at Bury College without delay!
Update on funding.
Grants of £2000 will be paid for each new apprentice hired aged below 25, and a payment of £1500 for each new apprentice hired aged 25 and over.
These grants will be in addition to the existing £1000 payment already paid to employers for the new 16 to 18yrs apprentices and those under 25 with an Education, Health Care Plan where applicable.
The new incentive payment will be made to employers who hire new apprentice/s before 31st January 2021.
There will be no limit on the number of incentive payments that an employer can claim for apprentices provided that each apprentice is a new employee and meets eligibility criteria.
The way in which your apprenticeship is funded will depend on the size of your organisation and annual turnover.
49 or less employees and a salary bill of less than £3million and apprenticeship training will be fully funded providing the apprentice is aged between 16 and 18yrs or 19 to 24 and is a care leaver or has an Educational and Health Care Plan. If the apprentice is aged 19 plus and doesn’t have an Education and Health Care Plan the Government will fund 90% of your apprenticeship training costs.
A cash incentive is available if the apprentice is between 16 and 18 or 19 and 24 with an Education and Health Plan you will receive and additional £1000 Government payment.
50 plus employees and a salary bill of less than £3million and 95% of your training will be funded by the Government, the remaining 5% is paid by your company in equal instalments across the agreed training period.
Cash incentive available, if your apprentice is aged between 16 and 18yrs, or 19 to 24yrs if the apprentice is a care leaver or has an Education and Health Care Plan in place.
Congratulations! Bury College Head of Employer Engagement Gary Spann has collected the outstanding Backing Young Bury Award in the 2020 MIBBAS!
Gary Spann and team are awaiting your call today!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Need a trusted local supplier of goods or services? Look no further! I'm Debi Fellone and I've run thebestofbury since 2006. I spend my time championing Bury's best businesses on this website, and offline...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.