If you are going to be taking part in the great British annual sport of improving yourself by making New Year's resolutions, here is a list of some tips which you may find useful: -
1. Be realistic and set goals that can be achieved. To win X Factor is not impossible, but you have a high chance of falling short of your goal!
2. Be specific, and ensure your targets are achievable, for instance not “I want to lose weight”, but “I want to lose half a stone”.
3. Set a strategy for each goal. So, if you are aiming to lose weight, break it down into bite-size chunks, such as using your bicycle more, walking to work 3 times a week, joining a gym, drinking more water.
4. Develop alternative patterns of behaviour to lead you away from what was a problem before. In other words, if you eat too many sweets at night, keep some healthy substitutes, such as fruit, close to hand. If you sit around in the evening watching television too much, can you take up an active hobby?
5. Lastly, re-access your resolutions to ensure they are things that are really important to you, rather than what others think you should do, or you feel you ought to do.
Good luck in your endeavours, and Happy New Year!
Just in case you are thinking of trying to lose weight, or get fitter in the New Year, then don’t forget my earlier blog here on the FREE help you can get from the Health Trainers in Bognor Regis.