1. Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe - Located in the High Street opposite Jackson Square, is the step back into your childhood experience, sure to bring back old memories of a misspent youth. Combined with excellent customer service and willingness to help.
2. Mutts Animal Beauty (A Bestof Recommended Business) - are based in New Road, Bishop's Stortford. Make sure your dog or cat looks purrfect this Christmas with Mutt’s qualified grooming services. Angela Caley and her team Robyn and Aimee are dedicated to making your pet's grooming experience enjoyable and your life easier. Why not call in and meet them and have chat about your pet? You will get honest, knowledgeable and sensible advice. Angela's team takes great pride in their work and treat their clients (your dogs and cats) with affection and respect. www.thebestof.co.uk/mutts Tel: 01279 826 548
3. The Lemon Tree (A Bestof Recommended Business) located in a 16th century building in Water Lane, The Lemon Tree is owned by Luke and Sue Fishpool, a couple with a true passion for local produce, sustainability and great British Food. It is the perfect occasion for that special occasion, romantic meal dinner with friends, light lunch... Why not treat your friends and family to a memorable meal at The Lemon Tree this Christmas. www.thebestof.co.uk/local/the-lemon-tree Tel: 01279 826 545
4. Elements Hair. Based in the High Street, Elements passion for hair ensures you have a personalised, precision hair cut along with catwalk quality finish. Elements are also specialists in all aspects of hair colouring. Give your hair a Christmas treat and check out Elements.
5. Carol’s Lingerie Welcome to Lingerie by Carol. Based in South Street, Bishop’s Stortford, Carol’s Lingerie is one of the leading independent lingerie retailers in the country. With over twenty years experience Carol and her team of experienced trained lingerie fitters are ready and waiting with a smile and understanding advice on lingerie and swimwear.
6. Cé The Jewellers Situated in North Street at the heart of Bishop's Stortford. Ce’ is run by husband and wife team Robert and Janice Drewett. Robert started his working career diamond mounting for a company supplying many Bond Street Jewellers. 20 years on Robert runs Ce' The Jewellers with the same passion and attention to detail. Ce' The Jeweller is up to the minute with new ideas in jewellery and shop design while retaining the old standards of high quality merchandise, hand-made jewellery and excellent service.
7. Coopers of Stortford & Margaret Kay (Florist of Distinction). Coopers of Stortford is a traditional family owned Home & Garden Store based in the heart of the town on Bridge Street. It’s full of really practical, modern and traditional household items (in fact over 14,000 of them) which are so hard to find on the High Street these days. For great ideas and above all sound, impartial advice this Christmas check out Coopers of Stortford. Margaret Kay has a fantastic range of festive hampers which also make a perfect gift, not forgetting their wide selection of champagne, fine wines and chocolates and of course beautiful flowers!
8. Consortia With the best shopfront display in the town, Consortia offer a great variety of handmade gifts made locally and served with care and dedication. Located in Bridge Street opposite Lednors, a visit to Consortia can really help solve those Christmas present conundrums.
9. PlaySomething - (A Bestof Recommended Business) Playsomething look forward to helping you every step of the way, to a lifelong hobby in music. Playsomething is a friendly, professional and knowledgeable musical instrument and exceptionally good music tuition company. Playsomething is based in Water Lane, Bishop's Stortford, next to Waitrose. Whether new to your instrument or already a professional, Playsomething's trained members of staff are themselves musicians.They will be able to give you expert and personal advice, on a vast range of instruments, music books and accessories; including guitars, guitar effects, digital pianos, keyboards, drums and percussion instruments, brass and woodwind as well as printed music and musical gifts. So if your loved ones are musical geniuses or just passionate about music then Playsomething is the place to go. www.thebestof.co.uk/playsomething Tel: 01279 826 544
10. M&P Le Mie Perle Based in Florence Walk just off North Street, M&P Le Mie Perle are Fine Jewellers and specialist merchants of exquisite Pearls and fine Gemstones. Their flagship boutique offers an exceptional range of cultured pearls sourced from the best farms, rare natural pearls and fine unique gemstones. What better gift can you give this Christmas?
11. Lathams. Located in North Street, Lathams are an innovative family run business offering an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary styles. With an interior design consultation service and a knowledge of styles from across the UK and Europe, Lathams offer terrific ideas for your house this Christmas.
12. Karen’s Cakes Located in Northgate End, Karen’s Cakes has been baking superb cakes for over 20 years and is widely recognised as one of Hertfordshire's premier confectioners. supplying delicious cakes for practically every type of social occasion - from children's birthdays to functions in the Houses of Parliament at Westminster.
Member since: 10th July 2012
I've been running The Best of Bishop's Stortford since 2010 and I'm passionate about supporting all things local. In particular, we work hard to showcase the best local businesses who give the area it's...