Are You Having Electrical Work Done On Your Home?
12th December 2012
... Comments

If the answer is yes you will want to know the following information:


Did you know that it is actually a legal requirement that certain electrical work in domestic properties must be registered with your local authority? The Buildings Regulations apply to all homes that are having this work done on their property. There is a section (Part P) of the Building Regulations that ensures you must get a Compliance Certificate for certain types of electrical work that has been done on your home.


What Should I Do?


As a homeowner it is important that you can ensure the work that is being done to your home is compliant with the Building Regulations. If this is not achieved the work that is done could actually be illegal and you could be prosecuted. It is therefore important that a registered competent (for example a Napit member) to carry out the work. This simply means that the responsibility of work is in the hands of the tradesperson.


The Government recommend employing a registered competent person who will notify any work done for you. The other option would be to register any work you will be having had done with your Local Authority before it happens, there is a charge for this.


Eco Innovations Electricians are Napit registered and can offer you the reassurance you need when electrical work is taking place in your home. Napit registered professionals can offer you the peace of mind you need.


If you would like to know more about us then check out our Eco Innovations Electrician in Worthing website:

About the Author

thebestofworthing .

Member since: 10th July 2012

We promote everything that's great about Worthing & the surrounding areas including Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing all the way to Arundel.

We champion and showcase only the best local independent businesses....

Popular Categories