Healthy Healing & Inner Peace Partners in West Lothian is owned by Renee McBride. She provides advanced clinical hypnotherapy and all aspects of pregnancy, birth and early parenting support. After seeking help from complementary therapists herself, Renee began trading in 2005.
Renee has a wide range of qualifications and experience that blend together to create a one stop shop; providing quality regulated therapy approved by the C.N.H.C to safeguard the public. Renee works with a variety of people to help and support them through different times in their lives, from: young childbearing age parents to people who have painful or distressing illnesses and people who have severe phobias or fears to people suffering from certain addictions. Healthy Healing in West Lothian have a hypnotherapy treatment that can definitely help and support everyone.
What is hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a form of complementary therapy designed to help people make a positive subconscious change to their thoughts, feelings and behaviour. Hypnotherapy aims to alter peoples conscious mind while stimulating and focussing the subconscious area of the brain. Using relaxation techniques, this heightens the state of awareness to enable the therapist to be able to make suggestions to help the client.
When might hypnotherapy be useful?
Usually, hypnotherapy is used as a treatment for habit breaking, stress related issues and to help with long term conditions. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) have now recognised hypnotherapy as a treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
What are the different types of hypnotherapy?
There are certain techniques involved in hypnotherapy that will better suit your needs or perhaps the reasons you are considering hypnotherapy. Therefore, you should have a look into the different types of hypnosis that is available to you:
- Traditional/suggestion hypnotherapy: This treatment involves the therapist making suggestions to your subconscious mind to influence your thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Hypno-psychotherapy: This type of hypnosis will be held by a fully trained hypno-psychotherapist. This technique helps deeper problems that may not be able to be addressed through a regular hypnotherapy treatment (E.G. Trauma or abuse).
- Analytical hypnotherapy/hypnoanalysis: This type of hypnosis uses hypno-psychotherapy techniques to discover the root of a given problem and then teach techniques to help overcome this.
- Clinical hypnotherapy: A hypnotherapy treatment that is given by someone with a healthcare background.
- Solution focused hypnotherapy: This style of hypnotherapy is where the focus is on what the client would like to achieve rather than the problem.
How often will I need to see the hypnotherapist? How many sessions will I need?
This will be entirely up to you. You will discuss this with your hypnotherapist to ensure you get the correct help and support.
Birth and Postnatal Doula-Birth companion
Renee is also a Doula-Birth companion; giving pregnant or new mothers the emotional and hands on support that you will need in the latter part of pregnancy and the first few weeks after birth. When Renee is your Doula-Birth companion, she is on call 24 hours a day. She will be exclusively working with you for a 28-day period around the time of your expected birth. Renee will help you with positions that will be most comfortable, breathing, visualisations and massage for labour and birth.
Renee completed her Doula training with Doula UK and is a member of the Scottish Doula Network.
For more information about how Renee can support you, please give her a call today!
173 West Main Street,
West Lothian EH52 5LH