The apprentices with Redrow NW MD Paul Moore (centre) and Construction Director Shaun Summer (far left)
Homebuilder Redrow, has taken on five new trade apprentices to work on its sites across the North West and North East Wales.
Always keen to develop and support new talent, and to support its numerous developments across the region, the homebuilder has welcomed apprentices in joinery, electrical, painting/decorating and plumbing.
Paul Moore, managing director for Daresbury-based Redrow Homes (NW), says: “At Redrow we’re fully committed to training both our existing employees and new starters. We have a particularly strong reputation for training apprentices and young people; Redrow nationally has been a Top 100 apprentice employer for five consecutive years (2014-2018) and at least 15% of our workforce have trainee status, either as apprentices, graduates or on an official training programme.
“With the demand for new homes in the region being as strong as it is, it’s crucial that we help the next generation of tradesmen and women to become qualified so we can meet these ongoing demands.”
The apprentices will learn their trades through a combination of on-the-job training under the wings of one of Redrow’s regular sub-contractors and day release attendance at a local college to study for relevant qualifications.
The five new trade apprentices are:
* Shea Bolan, 18, from Liverpool who is based at Ledsham Garden Village, West Cheshire, as a joiner, under the supervision of R. Joyce Joinery. Shea attended West Derby Academy, Liverpool.
* Tyler Allmand, 17, from Northwich is based at Hartford Grange, in Hartford, as a joiner with Fielding Joinery. Tyler attended the County High School in Leftwich and is now studying at Reaseheath College in Nantwich.
* Jamie McDonald, 16, from Liverpool is based at Regent’s Grange in Chester as an electrician and will be trained and mentored by Redrow sub-contractor Ideal Electrical. Jamie attended Maricourt Catholic High School in Maghull, Liverpool.
* Hannah Gaffey, 23, from Wrexham is based at Ledsham Garden Village. The former Rhosnesni High School student is learning the painting and decorating trade with Bob Smalley while studying at Coleg Cambria, Wrexham.
* Joe Polanowski, 21, from Liverpool is also based at Ledsham Garden Village, and is training to be a plumber, supported by Bluesky Plumbing. The former Hawthorn Free School pupil will study at Oakmere College, Walton.
All five have undergone induction training with Redrow and are now settling in with their sub-contractors and mentors.
Hannah Gaffey is the first painter/decorator apprentice that Redrow has taken on in the North West and North Wales and she’s looking forward to seeing how everything comes together in a Redrow home.
“I’ve always been creative and I enjoy painting so it made sense for me to choose this as a career path. Painting and decorating is a finishing touch that can really make a house a home. I’ve visited the show homes at Ledsham Garden Village so far which were great to walk around and see the interiors close-up, and I’m really looking forward to learning as much as possible over the next two years. Redrow has provided me with the opportunity to improve on my skills and learn on the job and I can’t wait to get started.”
Issued for & on behalf of Redrow Homes NW by Active PR.
Member since: 25th September 2012
At thebestof we go out of our way to champion thebest businesses in each town and city across the UK.