Everyone knows that moving home can be a stressful time. Admiral Storage in Walsall are specialists in home removals and storage and are there when you need them.
Admiral Self Storage can assist with your home move in the following ways:
• Home contents storage in Walsall– at their clean and secure premises
• Packaging materials in Walsall– small or large boxes, wardrobe boxes, bubblewrap, packing paper
• Removal van hire in Walsall
• They can even do your packing for you!
They have helped hundreds of people move home successfully in Walsall and have put together these handy tips to ensure your packaging process is a little less cumbersome and more efficient.
• Valuables – it’s best to take precious items yourself – things like jewellery, financial or legal papers, photos, coins, etc
• Labelling – Label all boxes with the room the items belongs in. Highlight boxes that contain fragile items. Write your name and mobile phone number on each box
• Weed out the old – why not take the opportunity, before packing, to sort out any possessions that you want to dispose of.
• Organise – Mark boxes containing essential itesm ‘OPEN FIRST’. Pack books and heavier items in smaller boxes (Carton ‘B’) to avoid injury when lifting.
• Pack one room at a time. If you run out of items to pack in a particular room, fill in the box with paper or bubblewrap to secure items in the box. This will prevent the box from collapsing if something is places on top of it.
• It is easier to pack on a table top
• Always use specialist wrapping paper or bubblewrap for fragile items. Newspaper may stain your valuables.
• Tape the bottom of each box prior to filling the pad the bottom with linen, paper or bubble wrap.
• Remember –everything you pack will need unpacking so the more organises you are at packing, the easier the unpacking will be!
• When packing any type of machinery, video, DVD player, etc, avoid shredded paper as it may get inside workings
• Label small itesm wrapped in aplian paper to avoid them being thrown away with the wrapping paper
• Wrap fine china, crystal or glassware individually
• Stand plated on edge, not flat
• Lay books flat in the box as this will reduce stress on the binding
• Hanging clothese can be hung in special wardrobe boxes – this will save creasing
• Turn outside furniture upside down to drain all water
• If available, pack small appliance, computers, etc, in their original boxes
• Strengthen the glass of morrior by placing ‘X’’s across with masking tape, then wrap them in bubblewrap and pack in a flattening box.
• Once you finish packing the entire room, stack all boxes against the wall, out of the path of foot traffic
• Dont Forget - Bubblewrap, Packing Paper, Large and small boxes, archive boxes, wardrobe boxes and tape are all available from Admiral in Walsall. They can even do the packing for you!
So let the experts at Admiral Self Storage in Walsall help you if you are moving home in Walsall. Call the team at Admiral on 01922 632227 or click here to find out more this friendly, local business including what their customers have said about them ...
Member since: 10th July 2012
My name is Alex Murray. I am passionate about what goes on in and around Walsall. I hope you find my blog to be interesting and thought provoking. Please feel free to give me your feedback.