TOP PLUMBING TIPS FROM SP TAYLOR PLUMBING & GAS SERVICES
· Make sure you know the location of, and have labelled the stop valve on the incoming water supply main.
· Locate, identify and label all other stop valves, periodically checking that they are working correctly.
· Make sure you know the location of any drain valves by which you can empty your water and central heating systems one the source of heat has been extinguished.
· Ensure that the storage system and exposed pipes are properly insulated, particularly in the roof space or attic.
· In very cold weather take special care to prevent water pipes becoming frozen. If you have a storage cistern in the roof space it will be sensible to open the hatch to allow some heat from the house to help keep the cistern from freezing.
· Inspect your cold water storage system (tank) regularly and, if it is metal, make sure it is not corroding. Call in your plumber if there is any sign of a problem.
· Check the condition of flexible hosepipes to plumbed-in domestic appliances at regular intervals
· Dripping taps and ballvalves are a sure sign that your plumbing system requires maintenance. To avoid them becoming major problems call in your plumber without delay.
· Have central heating boilers and other heating appliances serviced yearly.
To find out more about SP Taylor Plumbing and Gas Services click here or give them a call on 01922 474313.