‘Walking in a Winter Wonderland’ conjures up images of fresh walks in the country, frosty spider webs, red noses and shiny faces, hats and gloves, Christmas and sledging.
But what about Driving in a Winter Wonderland? The reality is quite different - Iced up locks, frozen windscreen, Popsicle washers, snow storms, traffic chaos, black ice and a cold heater. Sound familiar? Our winters are becoming ever more harsh and driving conditions increasingly perilous.
Here are some simple tips and tricks to make winter driving a little easier:
• Ensure your mobile phone is charged or have an in car charger to hand.
• Keep your winter survival kit up to date – ice scraper, de-icer, blanket, torch, warm clothes, first aid kit and emergency food such as chocolate, biscuits and a drink. Don’t forget any medication you may need.
• Check traffic & weather reports before travelling using local radio and allow extra time for your journey.
• Ensure your windscreen is clear from all snow and ice
• Ensure you have a spare tyre and tyre changing tools
• Try to keep to main gritted roads and avoid back streets if you can
• Don’t be bullied into driving faster than you feel comfortable with
These tips are to assist with planning for winter driving. We do however recommend that your car is prepared for the worst during the winter & maintained & serviced accordingly.
Ensuring your car is well maintained makes sound economical sense and during the winter months this becomes more important. Cold winter conditions make heavy demands on your car and yourself. Cold weather and winter preparations could save you grief on that cold winter night when your car is most needed.
Winter Wonderland 12 Point Check - Special Offer!
At Gordon Johnson’s we can provide you with a 12 Point Winter Wonderland Check for peace of mind this winter for just £25:
1. Check antifreeze strength & report
2. Check cooling system hoses and radiator for leaks
3. Check battery condition and provide print out
4. Check starter and charging system. Provide print out
5. Check auxiliary drive belt and report
6. Check lights
7. Check wiper blades
8. Check washers and top up with additive if required
9. Check tyre condition and pressures
10. Check engine oil
11. Check brake fluid level & condition
12. Check exhaust system condition & security
AND FOR THE BEST OF WALSALL MEMBERS’:
FREE Unipart Demister chamois pad and botle of screenwash additive with every Winter Wonderland Check
Click HERE for voucher.
To book your check, simply call the team on 01922 491032 or click here to find out more about Gordon Johnson.
OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU:
NO HARD SELL SALESMEN
WE WILL NOT TRY TO SELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DON’T NEED
OUR STAFF ARE NOT ON COMMISSION