The evolution of dieting is over its now a revolution
It’s not much fun to worry about how much you weigh or how your body looks, and it can be positively draining to constantly worry about what your eating and drinking all the time. Wouldn’t you love to ditch dieting and live a life full of good health, high energy and not worry about how you look? Well the good news is YOU CAN! and what’s more I know you can from my own experiences battling with body image and yearning to break the cycle of yo-yo dieting. No more crash dieting for summer holidays, no more Christmases spent over indulging, no more chocolate and ice cream binges – sounds a bit more like fun eh? But you know the really fun part – it’s not difficult to make some simple changes and stop ‘dieting’ forever!
Diet Clubs set a one size fits all diet solution how can that be when we are all as different as our finger tips. Don.t know your food sensitivities and understand your stresses, strains, lifestyle or personality.
Let me share with you some tips that freed me from the endless treadmill of dieting and helped me feel better about myself emotionally and physically and live the life I always dreamed of. This article is written specifically for YOU, if you apply these simple principles (that most of us already know, yet we ignore), you will discover a whole new you. THE REAL YOU! So just make a promise to yourself to follow all these steps for one week and get ready to be amazed.
• Eat only when you’re hungry, stop eating when you’re full, your stomach is only as big as your fist. Listen to your body.
• All foods can be part of healthy eating. There are no ‘good’ or ‘bad’ foods, so try to eat lots of different foods, including fruits, nuts, pulses, vegetables and yes even chocolate sometimes.
• Eat little and often, to keep your blood sugar levels even this stops those sugar cravings and slumps in energy.
• If you are feeling emotional or even bored, and you’re really not hungry, find something to do occupy yourself – get busy, have a long bath, take the dog out ( if you have one ) check your emails, anything that keeps your mind and hands occupied.
• Remember those who exercise and stay active are healthier, are able to do what they want to do, no matter what they weigh or how they look
• Find an activity or sport you enjoy, why not try something new, salsa, karate, yoga, maybe get you and your family a Wii fit and have some real fun with family or friends, whatever it is that you would like to do, do it get active it will make all the difference!
• Good health, feeling good about yourself and having fun go hand in hand. Try out different hobbies, like drawing, reading, and writing, playing music or being creative making things. You will find something you’re good at and then enjoy it !
• Remind yourself that healthier bodies and happiness comes from within and it all starts with a single thought. You are what YOU THINK.
• Stay hydrated - The best thing you can drink is water. Water is essential for the well-being of the body. Under optimal conditions, the body can survive for 60 days without food, but only 10-18 days without water. You skin is made up of about 70% water, its important for many reasons, kidney function which regulates blood pressure, body temperature, removal of toxins from the blood, to help transport nutrients around the body, mental clarity, clear skin and sparkly eyes.
And finally - appreciate yourself for all that you are – everyone should respect themselves, both their body and mind. Physical and emotional health and well being go hand in hand, one directly effects the other, so it’s vital to look after both, and easier! When you make that simple decision to feel better, you will begin to enjoy life more, being active more of the time and learning new skills, trying new things, meeting new people, and creating the life you dream of, the life you really deserve.
Eat well. Drink well. Think well. Sleep well. But most of all enjoy being YOU – because YOU really are amazing.
As the author of this article I know only to well the pitfalls of yo yo dieting, facing my own challenges with food and overcoming them which has helped me to shed those pounds, more importantly keep those pounds off. I have taken my own experience with food and set up my own weight management business Mind Diet, educating and encouraging others to take control, my work specialises in body image, as well as physical and emotional health. As a qualified health professional and working Mom, I am fully aware of the stressors we all face in this fast paced world we live in, with information overload, it can all be daunting. Im here to help YOU make sense of all the confusion and over the next few months will share with you my journey and encourage YOU to take those SIMPLE steps to living the healthy, fulfilled life YOU have always dreamed of.
Member since: 6th October 2011
Debbie combines an holistic coaching programme, which is unique to every client itâs designed specifically for you Debbie is a qualified B.Nurs (Hons) Nutritional advisor, Certified NLP Coach, Time Line...