There is no fee for attending. Please register with Eventbrite
Here is the link to the eventbrite page for registration https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/stopping-the-plastic-tide-tickets-137593396553.
About this Event
University of Wolverhampton and WASUP (World Against Single Use Plastic) are excited to welcome a wide range of sustainability professionals to present their thoughts on the plastic problem and potential solutions. This event will look at the different types of plastics, recycling of plastics, bioplastics and more.
2.00pm Event Start
- Prof Mohammed Arif, Head of the School of Architecture and Built Environment at the University of Wolverhampton. Opening Remarks
- Cllr. Beverley Nielsen, Opening Remarks on Green Growth and Sustainability
- Dr Paul Hampton/Andrew Stott, EnTRESS Knowledge Transfer Manager, An Introduction to EnTRESS and the Circular Economy.
- Prof Rashid Gatrad OBE, Founder of WASUP (World Against Single Use Plastics). The work of WASUP and cracking the resin code for the 7 types of plastics.
- Casepak, Logistics of Plastic Recycling.
- Livvy Drake, Sustainable Sidekicks. Behaviour Change Around Single-use Plastics
- Prof Iza Radecka, Bioplastics: The Basics, the Benefits and their Limitations
- Helena Simmonds, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Sustainable Manufacturing.
5.00pm Event Closes
Member since: 4th February 2019
Managing Director of an award winning law firm
Ian Henery Solicitors Ltd
Award winning poet and playwright