Giving your room the finishing touch it deserves with made to measure blinds from Any Blind Ltd in Walsall
But, have you ever wondered how to measure your blinds?
It is recommended that you always measure with a metal tape for greater accuracy.
Windows with a recess
1. Measure the width at 3 different points (it may not be the same along the entire recess)
2. Measure at either end and in the middle, using the smallest measurement as your width guide (Note: For roman, roller and venetian blinds, reduce the width by 1cm for smooth extension)
3. Measure blind length by taking the same approach - measuring from the top of the recess to the window sill at 3 different points - noting the narrowest point (Note: For vertical blinds, reduce the length by 1cm to prevent fabric catching)
Windows without a recess
1. Measure the width, adding an extra 10cm to the total width - allowing an overlap either side of the window (For Roller blinds add a further 5cm for operating mechanism)
2. Measure the length of the window from the top of the fitting to where you want the bottom of the blind to end
Remember, Any Blind offer a FREE measuring service - so if you want to get a fully accurate quotation, give them a call on 0333 121 2020
Member since: 10th July 2012
My name is Alex Murray. I am passionate about what goes on in and around Walsall. I hope you find my blog to be interesting and thought provoking. Please feel free to give me your feedback.