Carbon Monoxide Poisioning
18th May 2012
... Comments

Four people from Cornwall have been treated by medics for suspected carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, it has been revealed.

According to the West Briton, three residents at a property in the village of Praa Sands were taken to hospital after emergency services were called to the home on Monday morning. One of the paramedics treating them was also checked over for potential CO poisoning.

A fire crew from nearby Penzance was despatched to the property after the alarm was raised. Two firefighters wearing breathing equipment entered the home and ventilated it with a pressure fan, subsequently discovering the suspected cause of the leak.

“Four people were suspected to have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. After investigation it is believed that the source of the carbon monoxide had come from a coal burner which had a blocked flue,” a spokesman explained.

Last month, Gas Safe Register urged anyone thinking of letting their home out to tenants this summer to get their gas appliances checked by an engineer.

Popular Categories