A Carbon Monoxide (CO2) Detector could save your life!
21st February 2011
... Comments

Why should I get a Carbon Monoxide detector???


Carbon Monoxide (CO2) has no taste, smell or colour; the symptoms of CO2 poisioning are very similar to the flu: 

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Loss of consciousness

On your gas appliances (fires, cookers and boilers) the flame should be crisp and blue, if they are lazy (yellow or orange) you need to get this appliance checked by a registered gas engineer.  Soot or yellow-brown staining around or on the appliance is another indication of Carbon Monoxide and also increased condensation on the inside of windows, this need to be checked out immediately.


If you suspect you have CO2 poisoning you must:

  • Get fresh air, open doors and windows
  • Turn off the gas appliance
  • Leave the house
  • See your doctor immediately


Getting a Carbon Monoxide alarm could save your life!

Retail price (Currys etc) £35.00-£40.00

SP Taylor price - £19.95 (no profit made)

To get your Carbon Monoxide alarm for just £19.95 call the team at SP Taylor Plumbing and Gas services on 01922 474313 or call into their showroom at 153 Lichfield Road, Rushall, Walsall, WS4 1HA.

Popular Categories