6 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HOUSE BURGLARY...
Protect your home by knowing these 6 important steps!
1. Having secure locks is imperative, the best defence is always to keep them out.
2. Don’t leave house or car keys visible from a letterbox or cat flap. That said DO NOT take car keys with you to bed, leave them somewhere accessible in the main body of your house but away from you.
3. Close windows if out of the house or at night. Have lights on timers to make your home look occupied.
4. Fit a monitored alarm, if that is too expensive fit a dummy alarm box, thieves are put off by alarms, they would rather take an easier house.
5. Camera systems often are not immediately helpful, thieves will wear hoodies or masks. Where camera systems are useful is when they message the owner of movement around the outside of the house, so the householder can alert police especially when away.
6. Marking your property with security marking systems is a good deterrent provided the accompanying window stickers are used.
If you would like advice on securing your home or a free quotation, get in touch with Lockwiz on 07530805384.
Member since: 10th July 2012
My name is Alex Murray. I am passionate about what goes on in and around Walsall. I hope you find my blog to be interesting and thought provoking. Please feel free to give me your feedback.