Lichfield Bowling Club
Lichfield Bowling Club
  • The Bowling Green Island,
    The Friary,
    WS13 6QJ
Lichfield Bowling Club was founded in the 1840’s (the first recorded AGM was 1841), the actual green dates back much further.

According to Percy Laithwaite’s “History of the Conduit Lands Trust”, in 1694 a grant was given by the Trust in order to mend two stiles on the way to the Bowling Green. It is probable that there was a bowling green on this site in 1520, as records show that in 1523 a Vicar was fined for failing to attend choir practice because he was playing bowls. It is also believed that bowls was played on the green by the local Franciscan Friars.

Today it is a Private club - Members Only – not connected to The Bowling Green pub.  A very active club which holds sessions every day and most evenings for social or leagues matches.

Contact club secretary Chris Williams for further information – visitors very welcome.

Open 7 days a week playing will restart on the 29th March as per Current Government Advice.

Social Interaction