Fish & Chips Go Up In Smoke
3rd September 2012
... Comments
Fish and Chips go up in smoke Following a fire in a fish and chip shop in Brighton last year the owner has been fined £21,000 for failing to comply with fire safety regulations. According to local reports she pleaded guilty to six offences under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Brighton Magistrates Court heard how the property had no emergency lighting, had only one domestic smoke alarm, which was faulty and staff had not been provided with any training on what to do in the event of a fire. These defects could have been identified and, more importantly, the fire and subsequent damage may have been prevented if the owner had carried out a simple fire risk assessment. Many small businesses and occupiers of premises do not realise what they are obliged to do to comply with the law and to keep their premises and staff safe from fire. For one month only small businesses and charities in the Lancaster and Morecambe area can take advantage of a special offer from FAS Consultancy and Training who are specialists in fire safety and fire risk assessment. The first ten people to contact Steve Dunstan at FAS will receive a free fire risk assessment of their premises (subject to a maximum size of property)- with absolutely no charge for the risk assessment or the expert advice given. Don’t delay - this is a limited offer - so contact Steve today on 07841 865984 or email
About the Author

David M

Member since: 10th July 2012

Hi, my name is David Morgan and I am the proud owner of thebestof Lancaster.

To see a short video about how I promote YOUR business click on

Popular Categories