Recent advances in injectable biologics and smart medical devices as led to an increase in novel approaches to treating severe asthma and COPD as well as the regulations to take into consideration. As technology soars, the need for guideline updates from regulators has increased and continues to be modified.
With asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) affecting about 500 million people worldwide, opportunities in drug development are vast and reducing serious attacks by improving adherence could save $19 billion a year in U.S. healthcare costs.
Join us as we discuss current clinical trials and the innovative digital technology being used to improve clinical adherence. Leading industry experts will be looking at the use of 'real world data' human factors in the design of medical devices and triple combination treatments on the market. We will also be looking at asthma and COPD Phenotyping and biomarker application and differences between in the EU and US for the approval of biologics. We will be exploring the complexities of dry powder formulation and helping you determine clinical efficacy and endpoints.
Topics of Discussion for 2018
• Early detection and prevention of COPD and Asthma
• The use of triple combination therapies
• Health economics and market access for innovative treatments
• Regulatory updates in bioequivalence and drug-device combinations
• Enhancing dry powder formulation
• Asthma and COPD Phenotyping and biomarker application for personalised medicines
• Wisia Wedzicha, Professor of Respiratory Medicine and Head of Respiratory Clinical Science, Imperial College London
• Quan Yang, Senior Pharmaceutical Assessor, MHRA
• Maria Gerhardsson de Verdier, Director of Epidemiology, AstraZeneca
• Rene van der Merwe, Senior Director Respiratory and Inflammation, MedImmune
• Alison Moore, Clinical Development Director, GSK
• Peter Barnes, Head of Respiratory Medicine, Imperial College London
Book by 15th December and save £400: GBP 1099,
Book by 31st January and save £200: GBP 1299,
Book by 28th February and save £100: GBP 1399,
Standard: GBP 1499
Speakers: Allergy Therapeutics, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Cambridge Consultants Ltd, GSK, Imperial College London, Janssen, Kings College London, MedImmune, MHRA, National Heart and Lung Institute, National University Health System, Singapore, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, University of Edinburgh Medical School