1) April Kids School Holiday Workshop at Eastnor Castle on Wednesday April 1st. An ideal opportunity for aspiring young potters to work with professional, ceramic artists. Experience ‘hands on’ real clay with an exciting variety of making techniques. Phone 01531 633886 or visit www.eastnorpottery.co.uk for more information.
2) Children’s Multi-Activity Day at Oaker Wood Leisure on Thursday April 2nd. Full day of Activities for children aged 7-12 years including a selection from Climbing, Zip Wire, Low Rope assault course, Target Shooting, Crate Stacking, Den Making & Woodland Games.
3) MESC Easter Event at Madley Environmental Study Centre on Thursday April 2nd. Includes tractor trailor rides, a treasure hunt, craft making and fun and games. Children £6 Adults £3 Price includes chocolate treats and refreshments.
4) Eggsperience Easter at Eastnor from Friday April 3rd to Monday April 6th. Join in the legendary Easter Treasure Hunt around the castle and grounds. Chocolate for everyone who takes part and a chance to win an enormous Easter Egg!
5) Film: Paddington on Friday April 3rd at the Conquest Theatre, Bromyard. This film follows the tale of the marmalade loving Peruvian bear on his adventure to London. With an all star cast including Hugh Bonneville, Nicole Kidman, Sally Hawkins, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi and Julie Walters.
6) Easter Egg hunt at the Old Market on Friday 3rd April. Between 11.00am and 4.00pm, pick up a leaflet from the gazebo outside TK Maxx. Then the fun begins... If you spot an Easter Egg in a shop window, run in store to find the special password. Write the store name next to the password noted on the sheet, to receive a sweet treat from each of the stores. Once all 8 store names have been collected, take your form back to the gazebo for a hopping-good prize. There will also be the opportunity for adults to enter a free prize draw to win an egg-stravagant hamper of chocolate eggs.
7) Film: Kingsman:The Secret Service (15) from Friday 3rd to Thursday 9th of April at The Courtyard, Hereford. Colin Firth stars as Harry Hart, a suited, booted and immaculately mannered gentleman spy, who takes an unrefined upstart under his wing after spotting real potential in the young man. Also starring Samuel L Jackson, Michael Caine, Mark Hamill.
8) The Herefordshire Guild of Craftsmen’s Easter Show at The Market House, The Southend, Ledbury from Friday 3rd April to Sunday 12th April. They will be the showcasing the latest work by 10 members of the Herefordshire Guild of Craftsmen and 4 guests throughout the Easter Holidays. Media include ceramics, glass, wood, art, flowercraft, jewellery and textiles.
9) The Kymin Adventure Trail from Friday 3rd to Monday 6th of April at The Round House, The Kymin, Monmouth. A chanced to join in with the Easter trail and win prizes. On Sunday and Monday they will selling tea and home made cakes.
10) And if you just want to indulge in some delicious food, then book yourself in for Sunday lunch and enjoy the Easter favourite of Roast lamb. Or you could cook at home and bake some delicious Easter treats.
Member since: 11th February 2015
Hello Herefordians, I am the resident blogger for Best of Hereford, keeping you up to date on anything from Business to Beauty. Please feel free to leave comments below of anything you'd like me to write...