I found these interesting bits of useless information whilst trawling the net:
1. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
2. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair than other people
3. The names of the three wise monkeys are:
Mizaru(See no evil),
Mikazaru(Hear no evil),
and Mazaru(Speak no evil)
4. The breed of dog that bites humans more than any other is: German Shepherd
5. Women blink almost twice as often as men.
6. A Large kangaroo can cover more than 30 feet with each jump.
7. .... and ....the human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!
8. In Bonn, two animal rights protesters were demonstrating about the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse.
Suddenly all two thousand of the pigs escaped through a broken fence, stampeded and trampled the two protesters to death.
9. Statues of people on horseback: If the horse has both front legs raised, then the person died in battle;
if it has just one front leg raised, then the person died of wounds received in battle; but if all four legs are on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
10. A whip makes a cracking sound because the tip moves faster than the speed of sound