St Neots Police News - A brief round up for November 2010 from Inspector Mark Greenhalgh.
· In November a vehicle was broken into in Station Road St Neots where items on show were stolen and the vehicle then used without the owner's consent. Subsequent investigation identified a suspect and he was duly arrested. On being arrested the man was found to be in possession of a cheque from a burglary that had occurred without the victim being aware at the time. A further search of the suspect identified controlled drugs in their possession. Following an investigation the offender was charged with dwelling burglary, theft from a motor vehicle, taking a motor vehicle without consent and possession of controlled drugs. He has since been convicted of all offences.
· A house burglary occurred in the town on Halloween night. A suspect was identified through forensic work and a man was arrested. The man had entered the garage of the premises and then got into the house through an unlocked internal door. The man also admitted a further 9 vehicle crimes whilst in custody and has now been convicted of all matters.
· Two girls have been charged with a burglary following an offence committed in the town. The investigating officer also managed to recover the stolen handbag and jewellery taken during the offence.
· A man has been sentenced to three and a half years after pleading guilty to 3 counts of serious sexual assault against a 12 year old girl after contact was initiated over Facebook. Advice on keeping children safe on line can be sought from the Child Exploitation; Online Protection Centre.(www.ceop.police.uk)
· A man has admitted doing twelve house burglaries in the St Neots area, committed over a long period of time. He is currently awaiting sentence for this and other matters that occurred in other parts of East Anglia.
On behalf of:
Inspector (St Neots)
Member since: 10th July 2012
Lived in St Neots since 1975 and boy how its changed, always looking to promote everything great in and around our town.