When you the weathers not great, it can be hard to think of things to keep them busy - so we have put together these ideas to give you inspiration.
1. Wet and Wild - Do you really need sunshine to enjoy a good walk? Children adore doing things out of the ordinary! Get on your raincoats, wellies and anything else you can find thatâs waterproof, and let out your inner child! Splash in puddles, feel the rain against your faces and enjoy getting soaked.
2. Hold a competition - you need a prize (and maybe some consolation prizes so as not to disappoint). You can make pretty much anything into a competition: the best drawing, the winner of the most board games OR even a room tidying competition? (We like the sound of the latter the most).
3. Movie afternoon - gather some favorite old movies, get some popcorn, turn the lights off (and the phones) and close the curtains. Decide ahead of time who is going to come round with refreshments half way through, then cuddle up on the sofa and escape into another world.
4. Cooking lesson - tests have proven that food the children cook is more likely to get eaten (by them). Whether it is a nutritious stew or casserole, a salad or a sandwich, they feel great that theyâve achieved something worthwhile and you get another job done!
5. Indoor family disco - this one saves anyone making a mess, you all get a workout and everyone has a laugh. Have competition for who does the silliest dance, whoâs the most groovy, who can dance most like Dad etc. Everyone takes it in turns being the DJ!
Have fun and enjoy your family time this Autumn!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Lived in St Neots since 1975 and boy how its changed, always looking to promote everything great in and around our town.