Why you should use a Loss Assessor
9th March 2016
... Comments

If you need to make an insurance claim for damage to a home or business property - here's what to do:

1. Report the damage to your insurer.

2. Contact a Loss Assessor (ideally one with local knowledge and contacts) - Allied Claims Building and Property Management Services Ltd, Loss Assessors in St Albans and Harpenden, are recommended locally. Call them on 0800 999 5679.

Allied Claims will then come out to survey your damaged property and prepare a detailed schedule of repairs for your insurer.  They will:

  • talk to your insurance company and/or their loss adjuster on your behalf and present and negotiate your claim to ensure you get the settlement you are entitled to
  • organise any emergency repairs to protect your property
  • contact builders, get quotes and get the work agreed with the insurer
  • oversee the repair/building work required
  • invoice the insurance company

Please note that you will still need to pay any excess on your insurance policy.

Using a Loss Assessor therefore:

  • save you time
  • reduces stress
  • gives you access to local and insurance expertise
  • often leads to a more satisfactory outcome for the claimant

Let Allied Claims take the pain out of handling your claim.

About the Author

Huw T

Member since: 5th January 2016

As the owner of thebestof St Albans and Harpenden my mission is to help local independently owned businesses to grow and community groups, charities, local sports clubs, societies to thrive. If you know...

Popular Categories