The environmental endeavours of The Forge Clinic, where staff cycle and walk to work and recycling has gone from zero to 80 per cent, has made the business one of the greenest in Richmond.
The highly commended Forge Clinic has received Richmond Council’s ‘Exceptional’ Go Green Award – the Council’s top award. The Clinic, which provides services such as osteopathy, physiotherapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage and much more, received the award this week.
Richmond Council’s Go Green Award is divided into three sections – ‘Merit’, ‘Advanced’, and ‘Exceptional’. The Forge Clinic received the top award for improvements in environmental performance because:
- It has gone from 0 per cent recycling to 80 per cent recycling in two years
- Upgraded to a greener thermostat
- Installed environmentally friendly air conditioning
- Has strong building insulation which requires less heating
- Majority of the team cycle or walk to work
- 50% of lighting has been changed from halogens to more environmentally friendly LED and the rest will soon follow.
The Council’s Greening Business Programme offers free support to enable businesses to achieve these awards at which ever level the business commits to. Thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund the support is free for small and medium sized organisations.
The awards have now been re-launched with a simplified application process so businesses submit one Go Green application and the Council assesses its standard. The awards are now open for applications on a rolling basis.
Find out more information on the Council’s Go Green Awards here or call 020 8891 7332.
Member since: 10th July 2012
I launched The Best of Richmond in 2005 and am passionate about supporting all things local. In particular, we work hard to showcase the best local businesses who give the borough its character and make...